Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fear of the Pink Walls

Well it has been a while since my cynical self posted and for that I apologize, I have had no inspiration for some reason. I truly think that work has been sucking it right out of me. So now that I have returned I must say that our little alien appears to be developing at an alarming pace to look more and more like an actual human. We are soon to start the painting of the babies room but first we want to wait until we find out for sure that we are having a girl. You may be thinking "Why it sounds like he is positive that they are having a girl" and to be honest with you I would be totally shocked if we had a boy as would Amanda. Now here is my reasoning, while not at all scientific or even rational, both of my parents come from families with three kids all of the same gender. Then they had two boys, and their siblings all had one gender. So I suspect that we will only have one gender and since I used to play with radiation quite regularly I am quite sure it will be all girls for us. In addition to this a good friend of mine is convinced that since I know him it will also be all girls for us because all of his friends have had nothing but girls. So as you can see I have quite convincing evidence that I will be living in a home of estrogen. As frightening as it may sound I think I will adapt just fine. Regardless I will love my child unfalteringly, even when she sets the house on fire playing with matches and brings home the school bad boy on a date(now him I don't promise to even like), but they will have my love and affection. I am getting more excited by the day and in about 2 weeks we will know what we are having and can go into the buying frenzy, i just have to talk the wife out of everything being Pink, the kid will need some diversity in their life.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that your brother has daughters. His oldest is a sweet girlie girl. Patient, beautiful and happy. He refers to the youngest as "devil child". Her older sister says she has an attitude problem. I call her "Stewie". She's fearless, calculating, and trouble. The only reason she has yet to be arrested is that she is only 19 months old. Combined with her angelic face and innocent expression, I forsee a mob boss future for her. Or an assassin.

    ReplyDelete