Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dreams of Borneo

Yet again we have been out in limbo and have not been able to post, by limbo I mean preparing for vacation to visit the family and traveling to Arizona. Well the family is just ecstatic that there is going to be a new little one running around. However, if I were to ask Grandma V several years ago about grandchildren she would have gone running and screaming while looking for her emergency reserve ticket to Borneo. This is exactly the reaction we were all expecting when the first of her grandchildren came into the picture, but now a year and half after our niece was born she has proven that she is in fact not afraid of those little human replicas. She is already making plans of activities she will do with her next grandchild and plans to come and visit, spoil the kid rotten then leave just when he/she is starting to drive us crazy. So despite what a grandparent may say, even if they insist to not be called a grandparent, remember they are still a grandparent and secretly excited about the prospect.
Grandparents aren't the only ones that claimed thoughts of escape to Borneo, there was a time when I was one of those who claimed they would never bring that sort of terror into the world...that's right a little Ellerbe loose in the world. I guess there must be a preprogramed age where all of a sudden a guy is like damn I think I want to unleash a terror on the world, especially since every parent is supposed to have it 10 times worse than their parents had it. If that is the case I had better lock up the gasoline I had planned on keep in the kids bedroom, hell I almost blew myself up with novelty colored hairspray. There's no telling what a kid of mine could do with anything remotely flammable. So please remember you should be happy that I opted out of the trip to a tropical island in the middle of the South Pacific to keep you all safe from the dangers inherent in the child of a former pyro.

No comments:

Post a Comment