Monday, May 11, 2009

And Then There Were Screams

Well here I am again wondering hmmmm do i want a kid of my own? We have been back home with the family, which includes my two young nieces. They are a couple of really cute and adorable little girls most of the time. They run around being all energetic, but then they hit that threshold for fun and all hell breaks loose. They start to get crabby and argumentative. Heaven forbid the youngest be put down for a nap in her play pen even though she can't hold her head up. That is about the time the air raid siren known as her lungs go off and the screaming ensues. While everyone who is party to the scream fest is thinking oh she will wear herself out here shortly she has plans to hit new highs that I did not think were possible of a child. Eventually she is removed from the play pen and she stops. However, I sit there and think do they all make noises like that? Alas but they all do at some point.
I realize that this will just be a part of fatherhood that I will have to deal with eventually and I know that the lifetime of being a father will be well worth the things that may cause me to second guess myself, and as long as I can maintain my excitement of being a father I think I will be ok. Again I must say that my nieces are energetic and adorable and I love being around them and even if the do get crabby and scream sometimes, I think we all do and having kids will be my biggest adventure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment