Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cribs, Strollers and Automobiles

So in preparation for the addition to our family we have been looking into all sorts of things that we are told we will be needing. As that list grows I watch our retirement dwindle. Where shall I start my list...I think we can begin with the cribs, we are told we just have to have the lifetime cribs, you know the ones that go from crib, to toddler bed, to full size bed. No what fun are these, everybody knows that a kid doesn't want a mahogany sleigh bed when they a 5 years old, they want the red ferrari bed that they will out grow in 5 years when they decide they want a futon to go with their bean bag chair. So there is one purchase that would be worth while, so long as they don't break it, when they move out, it moves with them and I finally get my man cave for the pool table, kegerator and projector. The next expense are the strollers, that is if you can ever find the right one, half of them look like the kid is entered into the Daytona 500 with the 5 point harness, then you have to decide does in one touch brakes, should it recline can the car seat go directly into it, how well does it fold up, does it have four wheel drive with locking hubs and rack and pinion steering. I mean it is a method of transport for children until they are old enough to walk, does it really have to have more options than my truck? 
This list can go on and on with baby baths, high chairs, play pens, bassinets, you name it  so I will end it on the one that we will get more use out of. A new car, we are in the market for a new vehicle because despite the fact that we have seen it done, a MINI Cooper is probably not the most practical family car, so we are now looking at one of three possibilities, a family sedan, a gas guzzling SUV or a Goobermobile... I mean minivan. So far the Goobe...minivan is winning out due to the features such as doors the slide on their own, built in TV's, hide away seats. However, even if the minivan wins out, it will still be a Goobermobile and I will most definitely miss the truck when we get rid of it. You didn't really think we would get rid of the MINI did you? Of course not, there are car seats for all ages that fit in a mini, we couldn't possibly show up to a MINI meeting without it. Well, on that note I am going to add up more pending expenses and figure out which organs I can get by without if I need to sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment