Thursday, July 30, 2009

The beauty of Craig's List

Well it has been a while, because I guess I just suck, but even though I have not been writing doesn't mean I don't care. In the time since I last wrote a lot has gone on. I have wrestled with a shark, painted Little P's bedroom a very nice "soothing" green, helped friends move and oh by the way we have purchased the ever important baby furniture. That's right the furniture has been bought, there's no turning back now, especially since multiple times during the day you can see Amanda's stomach move like a little alien is trying to kick it's way out. She really kick's up a storm anytime you push on the stomach, lay a head or a cat on the stomach or shine a flashlight there. She is actually quite picky about being disturbed. Now let me veer of this tangent back to the purpose of today's writing: baby furniture.
There were I don't know how many on the chopping block and of course we bought none of them. In fact we were led to this fine set through the popular and ever famous Craig's list website. We ended up paying what we would have spent on any of the other sets, but we got a set that was worth about twice as much as the others even if it was used. When our neighbor came to see the set she asked us what store we bought it at because it looks brand new, it also came with all of the accessories to convert it to a twin sized bed as Little P continues to grow. I have started to migrate the furniture to the bedroom but I could only get the crib up there at this point because it is the only part that comes apart into small enough pieces to be manageable since the entire set is made of solid wood instead of pressboard. However we have yet again added to our move weight, so hopefully we don't get moved until I am least one more pay grade higher, otherwise I may have to strap some of our furniture to my back and move it myself. After getting the crib into the bedroom and putting it together we have realized that we did a fine job in selecting colors as usual, and of course we are being modest as well in saying that. I just hope that Little P realizes now that that will be her bed for a long time to come, especially since after her fourth birthday Amanda and I will get a steak dinner when we win a bet. Gotta love free steak, Thanks Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment